Wine Events

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Okanagan Similkameen Wine Route map


The area between Oliver and Osoyoos is referred to as the Golden Mile because of the number of wineries and vineyards in a very short distance. Being smack dab middle of wine country I felt like a kid in a candy store. There were just too many wineries to visit in one trip; however, all the wineries we visited in this area had excellent tasting rooms and very knowledgeable staff. Many of the wineries had kitchens in their tasting rooms and invited celebrity chefs to cook culinary delights and describe how to pair the right wine with the food you are serving. They made some awesome dinners and lunches. However, reservations are required. This is definitely not the place to go if you are on a diet and I will spend most of the winter trying to lose the weight I gained this week. I will detail my experiences at the wineries we visited in future posts.

No comments: