Wine Events

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Okanagan Valley Winery Map


This photo gives a better view of the entire Okanagan Valley wineries and vineyards. It is not all inclusive but you can see that it might take me a few years to visit all the wineries and vineyards in this valley. I took a week off from work and was only able to visit about 15 wineries and purchased about 3-1/2 cases of wine to critique through the winter months. Tough job but I was willing to volunteer for this assignment. Wow, was it an expensive assignment but no regrets. I must say that my understanding of the many varieties of grapes and how the various growing conditions affect their taste have increased significantly from this week’s wine adventure. Having lived in southern California for about 15 years and drinking several different California wines I am surprised how the same types of wines have a very different taste between the two regions. The California wines are much bolder in taste than the Okanagan wines. So much so, that my wife did not like red wines when we lived in California but loves the same type of red wines from the Okanagan area.

No comments: